Truth is spoken! We’re waiting for you here in DC!
With the release of our third album around the corner, a bi-weekly meeting to discuss general progress is paramount. This morning we (Sauti Sol) met with our overall management to discuss the way forward. The meeting started in a rather disheartening tone. All our potential corporate sponsors pulled out after the release of Nishike. After months of meetings and presentations, below are their reasons for the sudden change of heart.
- ‘Sauti Sol is now too out there’
- ‘Sauti Sol has seized to be a brand that associates with family and Kenyan values.’
- ‘Sauti Sol is too risky; they show great potential to break up, get into drugs or other vices that don’t represent company values.’
- ‘Sauti Sol is not Kenyan enough.’
- ‘Sauti Sol has lost more fans than they have gained’
In one particular boardroom during talks involving artists; the mention of our name was met with sarcastic laughter and…
View original post 650 more words